After a weekend of eating circus food (sausages and fried dough), and ice cream cake for my daughter’s birthday, I decided to hit the gym this morning to shed the 3.5 pounds I just gained. I jumped on a treadmill, put on my headphones, selected Tidal on my I-Phone and picked out Grand Funk Railroad’s 1997 live release Bosnia to get me moving. With Don Brewer’s drum solo, from “We’re an American Band”, pounding in my head, I increased my speed from 3.3 to 3.5, and finally rested at 4.0. When Don started singing “On the road for 40 Days”, I increased the incline from 0 to 2, and finally rested on 4. There is nothing like a good live album to get your adrenaline pumping. Which got me thinking, what are the best live Rock albums of all time?
Here are some of my favorites.
As Steve Jones, (The English presenter from the first season of The X-Factor) would say, “In No Particular Order”.
- Grand Funk Railroad- Bosnia
- Peter Frampton-Frampton Comes Alive
- Bob Seger-Live Bullet
- Little Feat-Waiting For Columbus
- Grand Funk Railroad- Caught In The Act
- Rush-All The World’s A Stage
- Kiss-Alive 2
- Emerson Lake and Palmer-Works Live
- Foghat-Foghat Live
- The Rolling Stones-‘Get Your Ya-Ya’s Out!’
- The Who-Live At Leeds
- Nirvana-Unplugged In New York
- The Doors-Absolutely Live
- Paul McCartney and Wings-Wings Over America
- Chicago-At Carnegie Hall
- Allman Brothers-Live At The Fillmore East
- Eric Clapton-Unplugged
- Deep Purple-Made In Japan
- Bruce Springsteen-Live 1975-85
I’m sure I missed a few.
What albums would you add to my list?